WA’s Regional golfers are proving too strong for their city counterparts, securing the entire 2019 Ladies Jubilee Foursomes prize pool at Melville Glades Golf Club (MGGC) today.
Jenny Ingram and Dianne Smith from Bridgetown Golf Club had a comfortable win in the Grass Greens Division with an outstanding round of forty-one points. The ladies from Pink Lake and Pinjarra Golf Club rounded out the podium.
The Boyup Brook team of Jenny Aird and Penny Tweedie were delighted to secure the Sand Greens Shield on thirty-eight points, narrowly defeating the girls from Beverley and Pickering Brook.
132 ladies from around the state qualified to enter this highly sought after 18 hole Foursomes Stableford Playoff.
Dianne Smith from Bridgetown noted, “What a fantastic day of golf. We would not have asked for better conditions and would like to pass our sincere thanks to the organising team and host club Melville Glades.”
The first Jubilee Foursomes event was held in 1971 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Australian Ladies Golf Union. The women who competed in this original event enjoyed the format so much that the WALGU committee of the time decided to continue with the format and make it an annual event.
Jubilee Foursomes Stableford Playoff
- Jenny Ingram and Dianne Smith – Bridgetown Golf Club (41 points)
- Chris Lewis and Sharon Southall – Pink Lake Golf Club (35 points)
- Corinna Rudler and Dorothy Thomson – Pinjarra Golf Club (35 points c/b)
- Jenny Aird and Penny Tweedie – Boyup Brook Golf Club (38 points)
- Yvonne Hobbs and Lyn Mactaggart – Beverley Golf Club (37 points)
- Denise Ludeman and Betty Swaine – Pickering Brook Golf Club (36 points)