GolfWA Support and Affiliation
In order for a club to join GOLF Link, they must first affiliate themselves with GolfWA and Golf Australia.
The benefits of membership and the process to apply are set out below.
Benefits to Clubs affiliated by GolfWA
There are considerable benefits to clubs, and thus to their members, of affiliating with GolfWA as a result of the services the body provides including
- Having an official Australian handicap which enables a player to play at any affiliated golf club in Australia (pending entry conditions) and events conducted by GolfWA
- Providing each playing member of a club with Personal Liability Insurance cover to $20m and Professional Indemnity Insurance up to $5m
- Golf Rules, Handicapping, Amateur Status and Competition advice from GolfWA
- Advice to clubs on funding opportunities that arise from government agencies such as DSR, Local Councils, Regional schemes
- Clubs have the ability to purchase stationery and other requirements from Officeworks due to a special on-line pricing structure arranged with GolfWA
- Provision of Rules Accreditation Courses
- Course Rating Services
- Conduct of a range of game development programs throughout the state, both at public and private golfing facilities, and in schools, with the ultimate aim of driving new members to affiliated clubs, including:
- MYGolf in schools
- Clinics for junior girls
- Beginner clinics for women
- Community Coaching Courses
- The Club has a “voice” through attendance at Delegates Meetings
Take the following steps to begin you affiliation application.
- Submit a copy of their constitution to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation & Safety. The constitution should adhere to the Associations Incorporation Act 2015. (Refer to Model Rules for Incorporated Bodies)
- For more information from the Department of Mines, Industry Regulations & Safety, please refer here.
- Once the constitution has been approved by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety, submit the application form below with a copy of your constitution (either an electronic copy or posted) to
PO Box 486
South Perth WA 6951 WA
Associations Incorporation Act 2015
As of 1st of January 2016, the new Associations Incorporation Act 2015 has come into effect. This requires all incorporated clubs to adhere to the following requirements, which must be in effect by June 30, 2019.
And in order to assist incorporated clubs, Model Rules & Guidance Notes are below:
Upon acceptance, the club will then also be granted access to GOLF Link.
If you’re an individual player looking to obtain an Official Australian Handicap through GOLF Link please visit the “Clubs & Districts” section of our website to view affiliated clubs with Golf WA.