Yesterday Hartfield Golf Club hosted the 2022 Secondary Schools championship. The event run in collaboration with School Sport WA had a fantastic turnout with over 100 entrants from various schools in the metropolitan area.
A bitterly cold day in Perth tested the competitors on the tough Hartfield course. The course was in superb condition even with the previous day’s high rainfall.
School Sport WA representative Sue Thompson touched on how fantastic it is to see so many kids come and play in the Championship, “it’s fantastic to see so many kids every year come play and enjoy the golf for the day”
The competition is a stableford competition for the individual year groups but also has a combined stableford section to decide who the winning school is.
The individual winners of each age group were as follows.
- Year 12, Elissa Quinn-Williams from St James Anglican School with 36 points.
- Year 11, Jack Anderson from CBC Fremantle with 40 points.
- Year 10, Aiden Georgy from Guildford Grammar School with 36 points.
- Year 9, Zeo Cheng from Shenton College with 42 points.
- Year 8, Shayne Lumsden from Como Secondary College with 38 points.
- Year 7, Jun Feng Boon from All Saints College with 52 points.
All Saints also took out the team’s side of the Secondary Schools Championship with a combined total of 82 stableford points from the best two scores from their group.
The All Saints team consisted of Isabella Leniartek with 30 points, Mini Lee with 28 points and Jun Feng Boon with a massive total of 52 points.
Congratulations to all the winners and also to Hartfield Golf Club for both the presentation of the course but also the hospitality shown to all.