Access technical information on Golf. in WA around Rules and Handicaps or how to become an affiliate of GolfWA’s.
Become an Affiliate
There are considerable benefits to clubs, and thus to their members, of affiliating with GolfWA as a result of the services the body provides.
- Having an official Australian handicap which enables a player to play at any affiliated golf club in Australia (pending entry conditions) and events conducted by GolfWA
- Providing each playing member of a club with Personal Liability Insurance cover to $20m and Professional Indemnity Insurance up to $5m
- Golf Rules, Handicapping, Amateur Status and Competition advice from GolfWA
- Advice to clubs on funding opportunities that arise from government agencies such as DSR, Local Councils, Regional schemes
- Clubs have the ability to purchase stationery and other requirements from Officeworks due to a special on-line pricing structure arranged with GolfWA
- Free Rules of Golf books
- Provision of Rules Accreditation Courses
- Course Rating Services
- Conduct of a range of game development programmes throughout the state, both at public and private golfing facilities, and in schools, with the ultimate aim of driving new members to affiliated clubs, including: MYGolf in schools, Clinics for junior girls, Beginner clinics or women
- Community Coaching Courses
- The Club has a “voice” through attendance at Delegates Meeting
Learn more about becoming an affiliate