GolfWA will be hosting the inaugural International Women’s Day Golf and Luncheon Event on Thursday 8th of March at Nedlands Golf Club. Spots are limited, so get in quick to secure your place for the exciting day.
International Women’s Day ( https://www.internationalwomensday.com/ ) is a global initiative raising awareness for equality for women from all walks of life and industries.
Yesterday, Golf Australia launched a new strategy, “Vision 2025”, which aims to tackle female membership, improving culture at golf clubs and an overall improvement in female participation by 2025. After all, golf is a game for everyone!
This year, International Women’s Day is on Thursday, 8th March 2018 and the event will be hosted at the beautiful, conveniently located and perfectly 9 hole designed Nedlands Golf Club as an initiative to introduce new women to the game.
Ticket price for the day is $49 per person and will include the following:
- 9 Hole, 2-ball Ambrose
- Pairs made up of 1 golfer & 1 non-golfer (a great way to introduce a friend to golf)
- Shotgun start at 10am with a welcome champagne cocktail upon arrival
- Followed by a 2-course luncheon in the picturesque Nedlands GC clubhouse overlooking the golf course.
- The event would be open to any of your lady members and their guests plus ladies from other golfing groups and/or clubs.
- The colour theme for International Women’s Day is purple and we will be awarding a prize to the best dressed lady on the day, courtesy of our event supplier; Crown Jewels.
We anticipate this event to be a jam-packed day full of fun, prizes and pop-up markets in the Clubhouse to create a festival ambiance to celebrate women and women in golf!
This will be a fantastic way to introduce your friends to the sport that you love.
We hope to see you there; please note bookings are limited and will be judged as a ‘first in’ basis.