Looking for a dynamic position that will challenge you with no day being quite the same but will allow you to demonstrate your leadership, strong administrative and communication skills in a service-focused industry? Then we want to hear from you!
Being a relatively small office, cultural fit and attitude is just as important for us as having the right skills. For the above vital, full-time position, we are looking for ‘the glue’ that holds the office together who will sit in a truly unique position as the central go-to person between departments, and in return be provided with the opportunity to work within a fun, supportive office and vibrant sporting industry.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the successful applicant will be responsible for:-
- Assisting the Chief Executive and Golf Operations Manager in the preparation of a wide range of materials pertaining to the operations of GolfWA and the WA Golf Foundation
- Preparing papers for, attending and recording minutes of GolfWA Board and subcommittee meetings, as well as for the WA Golf Foundation
- Assisting all staff in the distribution of mass communique to stakeholders as well as in the updating of the GolfWA website and GolfWA databases
- Assisting the Golfing Department in compiling, recording and distributing necessary information pertaining to golf events and programmes
- Assisting from time to time, GolfWA staff in the conduct of events
- Liaising with our member clubs and other stakeholders
- General correspondence, answering telephone calls and mail
Given that this position is crucial to the overall performance of the administration of GolfWA, and in many instances will be the first point of contact at GolfWA, applicants need to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including telephone manner
- Excellent computer skills including the use of database systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a commitment to provide a high level of customer service
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously within a small but passionate, dedicated team
- Proven track record in a similar role, potentially in a sporting environment
- Whilst knowledge of golf would be desirable, an interest in sport is essential
If you believe you have the necessary attributes for this role, please forward your application addressing relevant criteria and experience to The Chief Executive GolfWA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th July 2021.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.