As the State body for amateur golf in Western Australia, we provide a range of services & programmes to over 300 affiliated golf clubs. GolfWA exists to provide opportunities for people of all walks of life to play, learn & love the game of golf. We believe that ‘Golf makes life better’.
Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager, the Golf Operations Administrator is a new position within GolfWA and will be responsible for:
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Deliver & administer GolfWA’s Sporting Schools & School Ambassador programs
- Drive the Crunch & Sip Healthy Golfer of the Year initiative
- Develop & maintain links/relationships with relevant staff & volunteers of Golf Clubs in WA, other State bodies & Golf Australia, Healthway, the Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries & School Sport WA, as well as any other organization relevant to Game Development.
- Administer / support event preparation & competitions
- Ensure the Game Development, High Performance & Crunch & Sip portfolios of the GolfWA website are up to date & relevant
- Compile the Paxton, Ivie Temperly, and Junior Stroke Averages and any other rankings as required
- Maintaining an accurate GolfWA database of MyGolf & Game Development personnel at clubs
- Maintaining an up to date database and keep records on each player in the High Performance Program
- Any other duties within the employees’ capabilities/line of duties which is reasonable to expect on occasions
Support the Golf Operations department to:
- Administer/coordinate Healthway, Game Development, High Performance & Vision 2025 portfolios
- Assist in the delivery of GolfWA Junior Tournaments as required i
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Outstanding written &verbal communication skills
- Adept IT skills & proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Initiative& ability to work autonomously within a small, passionate, & dedicated team
- Ability to work weekends on occasions
- Current Working With Children Check or Ability to Obtain prior to Start
- A current “C” class WA driver’s license
- Knowledge of / interest in golf
- Golf Australia Community Instructor Accreditation (or the capacity to complete within 3 months)
- An understanding of sports administration
Hours of work
- The role is a permanent contract working 22.5 hours per week (0.6FTE).
- Due to the nature of this position some out of hours and weekend work will be required and remunerated through time in lieu.
- We envisage 0.6 FTE being 3 days per week, however, this is flexible for the right candidate.
- The preferred commencement date will be Tuesday 4th January 2022.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant dependent on level of experience.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the necessary attributes for this position, please forward your application addressing relevant criteria and experience to The Golf Operations Manager GolfWA, by e-mail to email@example.com by Friday 19th November, 2021.
Or apply through Seek here.