GOLFWA- MARKETING OFFICER
Full Time position
As the State body for amateur golf in Western Australia, GolfWA exists to provide opportunities for people of all walks of life to play, learn and love the game of golf. Our close-knit team is on the lookout for a highly motivated Marketing Officer.
The right candidate will be able to work autonomously, creating engaging strategies and content that align with our vision to inspire more Western Australians to participate in all formats of golf.
A key component of GolfWA’s Strategic Plan is “Telling our Story Better”, that all golf is golf and the need to increase the visibility of golf across all golfing markets. Another key component is to attract new and retain existing golfers in all forms of golf. The Marketing Officer plays a key role in working with GolfWA staff to achieve these objectives.
The key to being successful in this position is energy, creativity and confidence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive, executing the brand’s marketing strategy
- Working with Golf Australia to deliver promotion and marketing of national strategies within Western Australia
- Manage the marketing of all GolfWA strategic and operational initiatives, programs and events in order to increase the profile of GolfWA and golf in WA
- Overseeing Website implementation and performance
- Creating content – written, photographic and video – for platforms including email marketing, newsletters. website, social media and in traditional media including media releases
- Work with other relevant GolfWA staff to actively contribute to and enhance the organisation’s brand and story telling
- Produce content around HP Athletes interstate and abroad
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of golf tournaments and players globally
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including media outlets and external agencies
Experience, Attributes and Skills required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or other relevant roles
- Be creative, expressive and passionate about your work
- Proven ability to develop and deliver marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Enjoys managing multiple priorities
- Ability to create engaging and interesting visual content (image and video)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using WordPress and Mailchimp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic SEO and Google Analytics experience (desirable)
- Proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Canva
- Interest in sport, particularly golf (desirable)
- Drivers licence and reliable car
- Some intrastate travel required
If this position is you, please apply in writing addressed to the Chief Executive to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7, 2022