Programmes in WA
Junior Programmes in Western Australia
The MyGolf National Junior Program is nationwide program by Golf Australia to introduce kids to golf and further encourages the growth of the game.
Golf WA organises and manage the MyGolf program in Western Australia. MyGolf is held in schools and centres (golf clubs) and consists of:
MyGolf National Skills Challenge Chart & Challenge
MyGolf in Primary and Secondary Schools
Active After-School Communities Program
The Active After-school Communities (AASC) Program is a free Australian Government initiative that provides primary school children with access to sport after school (3.00pm - 5.30pm).
The program is run nationally through an Australia-wide network of regional coordinators who train community coaches and forge links between children and clubs.
The benefits to clubs include:
Opportunity for clubs to link to primary schools
Opportunity for clubs to apply for equipment grants
Opportunity for coaches to gain payment
The MYGolf Active After-school Communities (AASC) Program has been specifically designed for the AASC program. It also includes components of the MYGolf National Skills Challenge but in a simple and modified form that integrates with the requirements of the ASSC program.
The program is designed for School Teachers, Development Officers, Community Coaches, Students and PGA Members to deliver golf at school (or a golf course) as part of the AASC Program.
Managed by PGA
Pump Golf has been developed as a national brand to cover all junior golf programs being offered at clubs and/or driving ranges by PGA members and accredited community coaches through Australia
Pump Golf provides a quality introductory development program to help juniors learn the game. The main aim of the pumpgolf program is to increase the number of juniors playing golf.
The Golf Club
Each golf club and/or driving range that meets the criteria set will be promoted as a Pump Golf Junior Centre and will receive the following:
- A listing on the PGA website identifying them as a Pump Golf Junior Centre
- Promotional materials identifying the facility as a Pump Golf Junior Centre
- A newly developed teaching resource developed by PGA professionals which provides ideas for teaching juniors, suggests games to support the teaching of juniors and provides skills tests for juniors linked to a junior skills passport
- Pump Golf Junior Passports for each juniors in the club based program which contains interesting information, helpful hints and the skills tests for juniors to complete and record
- The opportunity to purchase safety/teaching aids at discount prices to assist with the delivery of the program
Player Development Pathway
Player development pathway in Western Australia incorporates elements of MyGolf and other junior golf programs. We believe the that progress of the players should be as smooth as possible from introduction through to the transition stages towards full playing capability.
Junior Co-Ordinator Kit for Golf Clubs
Golf Australia has a Junior Co-Ordinator Administration Kit available for purchase.
The purpose of this Kit is to provide clubs, and specifically the Junior Coordinator with information and resources to assist with the organising and running of a successful junior program. Many clubs in Australia are running successful junior programs and therefore this Kit may just serve to validate such programs; however, it may also provide some useful additional ideas and initiatives.
Some clubs do not have a structured program and hopefully this Kit will prompt a call to action.
The objective has been to present the Kit as "user friendly" by providing:
- Key organisational and administration requirements
- A reference point to access other relevant information and sources
- Various templates and tools
- Simple introductory hands on practical information
The Junior Coordinator Administration Kit is available for download in PDF format or alternatively hard copies of the kit and folder can be purchased from Golf Australia or Golf WA for $36.50.