Golf for Millennials
Find out all the latest news and offers for Millennial golfers in Western Australia. If you’re between the age of 20-39 and interested in playing golf, this is the page for you!!
- GolfWA identified some time ago that there was a disconnect between millennial golfers (20 to 39 years of age) and the typically baby boomer boards and committees that govern clubs.
- GolfWA created a Young Members Committee to focus particularly on this millennial age group – to highlight what stops millennials taking up golf or joining a club.
- Worldwide, knowing that this group will become the future of golf, there is great interest in understanding how to better engage with the millennial golfer.
- GolfWA wanted to understand more thoroughly what was working and what was not, to quantify the
barriers for younger members in joining a club, and to identify a baseline of Western Australian data so we can measure progress in the future.
- Given these issues, GolfWA commissioned the report below in 2018 with golf industry expert advisor Jeff Blunden of Golf Business Advisory Services. This report is a resource for club administrators to help identify ways to attract younger members.
- You will find in this report insights into how clubs can be more aware of the barriers for millennials so that they can take action and remove them. There are two versions of the report with the more detailed report having additional background, data as well as the methodology to the study.
GolfWA is available and wants to help millennials embrace the game of golf, and the great experience of being part of a golf club.
The Young Member committee members are:
Emma Jane Liebenau
If your golf club is interested in programs relating to the Millennial Report please contact Gary Thomas at email@example.com or 9367 2490